The Staff Selection Commission has released the notification for the SSC CGL Exam 2020 at their official website. Aspirants who are preparing for the upcoming Exam should have a clear knowledge about the SSC CGL syllabus and exam pattern. Every year several candidates apply for the post of SSC CGL but very few come out with flying colours. Candidates should build proper time management as per the exam dates to score well in the examination.
Candidates are also advised to check the official website on a regular basis for any change in the exam date.
SSC CGL: Exam Date
The examination dates for SSC CGL (Tier I, II & III) are released by the Staff Selection Commission. For further detail, refer to the table below:
|SSC CGL Exams||SSC CGL Exam Dates|
|SSC CGL (Tier-I)||02-03-2020 to 11-03-2020|
|SSC CGL (Tier-II & Tier-III)||22-06-2020 to 25-06-2020|
|SSC CGL (Tier-III) (Descriptive)||29.12.2020|
|SSC CGL (Tier-IV)||To be released soon|
SSC CGL SYLLABUS & Exam Pattern
Candidates should have a proper idea regarding the exam pattern before applying for the exam. Thorough knowledge of the SSC CGL Syllabus will help the candidates to prepare well for the examination. SSC CGL examination is conducted in four phases:
- Tier- I
The mode of examination for Tier-I and Tier-II is online and the type of questions asked are MCQs. SSC CGL Tier-III is a descriptive paper which is conducted offline whereas Tier-IV consists of data entry speed test and computer proficiency test.
The SSC CGL Syllabus (Tier-I) comprises four sections:
- General Intelligence & reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension skills
Tier-II Paper of SSC CGL has the following four sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language & Comprehension
- General Studies (Finance & Economics)
The time allotment for each section is 2 hours and each has a marking of 200 marks. Tier-III is a descriptive paper which evaluates the proficiency, grammar knowledge, vocabulary and writing skills of a candidate in English/Hindi.
The SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam comprises skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Preparation tips for SSC CGL 2020
Due to the vast SSC CGL Syllabus, candidates often find it difficult to crack the examination. Proper time management and following the below-mentioned tips will help the candidates with their SSC CGL preparation:
- Work on your progress: Before starting with the preparation, the candidate should prepare mentally and physically for the examination. Understanding the pattern of the examination and the syllabus is very important. Going through the topics of the SSC CGL Syllabus will help the candidates to know their weak points.
- Prepare a time table: A candidate should set a comfortable timetable before starting with their preparation. Doing so will help him/her to score well in the examination.
- Go through the daily newspapers/current affairs: The questions asked in the SSC Exams are directly or indirectly connected with current affairs. Hence, it is very important to follow the relevant news items in your daily newspaper.
- Work on your vocabulary and grammar: Reading the English newspaper daily and going through the dictionary on a regular basis will help the candidates to learn new words that will improve their vocabulary and comprehension. Taking up online mock tests will also help them to reduce the chances of grammatical errors.
- Improve your logical skills: Both verbal and non-verbal concepts of reasoning should be focused on by the candidates. The logical section tests the ability of a candidate on the basis of thinking and problem-solving skills, therefore the candidates should sharpen their logical and analytical skills to secure good marks.